My Current Makeup Obsessions!

What have I been reaching for the most? What can I not seem to get enough of?! Spoiler Alert: A lot of it is going to be NYX. Before going any further I feel it’s worth mentioning that my skin type is, dry and sensitive.

{Face}

Primer - ELF Poreless Facial Primer $6 (x)
Admittedly, this is the only face primer I have. Besides a laughably small sample of Too Faced Hangover Prime & Setting spray which I’m not super fond of. It’s okay but it doesn’t make me swoon or anything. I digress. ELF’s primer is really nice. It does a well enough job. It conceals most of my pores. Some spots are more apparent/stubborn than others. It smells nice. You only need the teeny-tiniest amount and it’s best if you apply those tiny amounts one at a time. One dot on the left cheek, nose, forehead, chin, right cheek, and then rub it in. Otherwise, it will feel like a greasy mess. Regardless, your fingers will feel slimy and filmy by the end. Which is my big problem with it. It’s very filmy.
Color Corrector - Wet ‘n’ Wild Photofocus Correcting Wheel $3.99 (x)
I predominating use the green. I have red pigment on my cheeks that are the bane of my existence and so, trying to find a green color correct that works seems to be my life’s journey. I was using Hard Candy’s Color Correcting Expert Créme Wand in Green but I found it to be rather watery and I wasn’t impressed with the results. WNW’s wheel is serviceable. I’m still not blown away but this is what I have so I use it.

Concealer - Wet ‘n’ Wild Photofocus Concealer $3.99 (x)
Another serviceable product, I know thusfar, these don't seem like glowing reviews but I promise, it gets better. I've also used NYX's HD Photogenic Concealer in Light. It's also very good, and in a pinch, these are both effective. But, I haven't been blown away by either of them yet. I want to try other brands. These are just the most accessible to me.
Dark Circle Concealer - NYX Dark Circle Concealer $6 (x)
This is where the glowing review comes in. I use this concealer religiously! I've had sleep trouble my entire life, insomnia on and off. So dark circles are an issue for me. But this, THIS takes care of that perfectly! I will re-buy this for the rest of my life. 😍😍😍😍
Foundation - Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation $12? (I can't remember)
This is a really great foundation, I do want to try others but I strongly recommend this one. However, if you are super sensitive to fragrances it does have a perfume smell. Just a heads up. It's smooth, I like the way my skin looks. I can't seem to find it on Target's website, for some reason they only have Sonia Kashuk brushes available on the site but not the actual makeup so I think you'll have to go in-store to pick it up. Sorry.
Pressed Powder - Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls $13.956.99 (x)
Usually, I apply this after my setting spray because my body temperature tends to run very high (my mom calls me her little furnace lol) so as soon as I start doing anything active, I start sweating from my forehead profusely so I like to apply this to help diffuse the sweating look from my face. It does help considerably, to me it does. I will admit, though, that I bought this purely because the packaging is too fucking adorable. Good job, PF.

{Cheeks}

Blush - Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush $29 (x)
Sadly, this shade, Feisty, is no longer available on Tarte's website but they do have a handful of lovely shades to choose from and I would gladly buy a ton of them if I had the money to spend. This is just a sample size that I got in one of my Ipsy Glam Bags. I'm in love it, so-so-so much. I honestly, never thought I'd fall in love with a blush, considering the red pigment on my face but this shade is so perfect. I'm devastated that it's not available in full size anymore. 😭😭😭😭
Bronzer - Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer $30 (x)
The iconic 'Park Ave Princess' shade, is my favorite bronzer! It's perfect, I love it so much. The perfect amount of bronze for this Irish white girl's face. Another sampler I got from Ipsy that I very much want to get the full size of.
Highlight - NYX 'Strobe of Genius' Illuminating palette $19 (x)
I think I've used every shade in this palette in some manner. This palette is everything to me. It's amazing yet another I use religiously. I want to get the blush version of this, the "Sweet Cheeks" palette. I'm pretty sure NYX has my soul. I bow to you, Almighty. 🙏

{Eyes}

Eyeshadow(s) - NYX 'In Your Element' AIR palette $3024 (x)
I. Love. These. Shadows. It does still seem a bit steeply priced for a drugstore brand but if you can get it on sale, DO IT! I got this and the 'Metal' one, $15 each after Christmas. So, two for one! I want to get ALL OF THEM. There's Wind, Earth, Fire, Metal, and Water, as well.

Eyeshadow(s) - Wet 'n' Wild Au Naturel 'Nude Awakening' palette $4.99 (x)
This is one of my favorite go-to palettes, as you can see I've hit pan on a couple of shades. Definitely going to be re-purchasing this one. They're smooth and perform very well.
Eyeshadow Primer - Manna Kadar Eye/Lip Primer $24 (x)
Very creamy, makes my shadow look phenomenal. It doesn't irritate my eyes like Wet 'n' Wild's eyeshadow primer does. I really need to find a less expensive alternate soon because I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit pan fairly soon.
Eyeshadow(s) - Sugarpill 'Feline Fancy!' palette *Limited Edition Palette* $16ea
While you can't buy this palette anymore, you can buy the shades individually. I would recommend buying any Sugarpill eyeshadows, well any Sugarpill really. S.W.A.K. (Sealed With A Kiss): Foiled rose petal pink with gold duo-chrome. (x) Wink: Foiled baby pink champagne. I've also used this as a highlight! (x) Text Me: Matte warm mocha-like brown. Also a great for bronzer. (x) Kiss Kiss: Foiled vibrant red. Christmas red. Seriously. (x)

Eyeshadow(s) - Marsk 'Foiled Again' Loose shadow $22.95 (x)
This shadow is sooooooo sparkly! I can't even fathom it! I want to bathe in this.
Eyeshadow(s) - Sugarpill 'LittleTwinStars' palette $38 (x)
This palette is the Spring 2018 limited edition collection. Six shadows. 1 matte, 2 foils, 2 frosted, and 1 metallic. They've said they're not going to be releasing the shadows or lip colors individually later on. I believe it's probably due to copyright purposes, but that's just a guess. Clod Maker: Foiled silver blue, I call this color "Cinderella Blue". Star Ribbon: Matte aqua. Twinkle, Twinkle: Foiled astral gold. Dream Dust: Frosted peachy nude with pink champagne duo-chrome. Sky Candy: Frosted baby pink. Wish: Metallic copper.


Eyeshadow(s) - Naked 'Mother Nature' #6 set $14.99 (x)
Another loose shadow that I can't even comprehend how it is sooooooo sparkly! It comes in the Mother Nature set of six.
Eyeshadow(s) - Bang 'Smoked Peach' Blush $20 (x)
I know it's a blush, but it's incredible as an eyeshadow. Super intense and gorgeous. It's not my kind of blush but it's definitely my kind of shadow 😉
Eyeshadow(s) - Sugarpill 'Sparkle Baby' palette *Limited edition palette* $10 - $13
Again, you can't buy this palette anymore but you can buy the shades individually. I'd strongly recommend doing so. Kitten Parade: Metallic Shimmer peach with opulent gold sheen. (xFrostine: Frost Pastel Lavender. (xCandy Crush: Metallic Mint Pearl. (xHotsy Totsy: Metallic Magenta with Iridescent Sparkles. (x)
Eyeshadow(s) - NYX 'Ultimate Brights' palette $18 (x)
This is one of the BEST bright palettes, ever. I got a Target gift card for my birthday last May, so I got this and two lip colors from NYX. I'm so glad I did because it's incredible. The colors are pigmented, I don't experience a whole lot of fall-out from the colors, some kick back. They perform phenomenally and you really can make a wide range of colorful looks with this palette.
Eye Brows - NYX Micro Brow Pencil $10 (x)
I've only used a couple eyebrow pencils but this one is definitely my favorite! I feel like I have more control, it goes on smooth AND they have it in black. Which surprisingly, a lot of companies don't have black brow pencils. Boooooo.
Eye Brows - NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel $6 (x)
I feel like brow gels are going to have an interesting time trying to overthrow this one. It's awesome! It keeps the brows in place beautifully. Be light-handed with it because otherwise, it will feel super stiff and crunchy.
Eye Liner(s) - Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Liquid Pen $19 (x)
Ugh, this pen is everything! It's so smooth, it hasn't dried out yet *crossies*. It goes on effortlessly, even with glitter eyeshadows! I've gone through so many liquid eyeliners that dry up AS I'm applying them and I constantly have to shake them during application, I feel like I'm going to shake my arm right off with some liquid eyeliners. Not this baby.
Eye Liner(s) - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner $20 (x)
I got this sample in an Ipsy Glam Bag, I already knew I love 24/7 eyeliner. I really want to get the hot pink and deep purple, replacing some super cheapo crappy eyeliner pencils I had. Also, really want to get the full size of the black.
Eye Liner(s) - NYX Retractable Eyeliner $5 (x)
I wanted a thinner white liner for more intricate designs. I also have the Jumbo Eye pencil in 'Milk'. These are both awesome white eyeliners. Super creamy and pigmented with a smooth application. Very little effort. This one is a bit fragile, but if you're patient and gentle it does a great job on the waterline and in the corner of the eye as a "primer" for an inner corner highlight.
Mascara(s) - NYX 'XXL' Lush Lashes Mascara $7 (x)
My other mascaras have basically expired so I purchased this one at the beginning of March and it's really great! I think I still favor Essence's Lash Princess False Lash Effect it just gives you insane lashes without falsies, as it advertizes. [Observe here] BUT this one is really wonderful. I do love how my lashes look with it.

{Lips}

Lipstick(s) - Winky Lux Double Matte Whip 'Angel Food' $13 (x)
I still don't know what "Double Matte" means but this color is magnificent! I got this sample in an Ipsy Glam Bag, and I definitely want to get the full size. They even have a set that includes a lip liner in a similar shade for $17, which I'll probably get.
Lipstick(s) - Jeffree Star Velour Liquid lip 'Human Nature' $18 (x)
I got this and 'Mermaid Blood' for Christmas. This is a favorite that I wear fairly frequently. 'Mermaid Blood' is a bit harder to incorporate into most of my looks, as it's a teal lip but it is gorgeous. Easy to apply. Not patchy. Super pigmented. I don't notice it going into all the cracks and lines of my lips. It's just a great shade to go with so many different looks.
Lipstick(s) - Wet 'n' Wild 'Megalast Liquid catsuit' $4.99 (x)
Obviously, I have a lot of them. I am obsessed! I want all of them! They're pigmented and smooth. They last a pretty long time too!
Lip Balm(s) - Lip Smacker Maleficent Tsum Tsum 'Blackberry Magic' $13.95 (x)
I'm now in love with these and want to get a shit load of them! I just imagine a basket FULL of LipSmacker TsumTsum balms! I've always loved LipSmacker since I was a little girl, honestly, I will probably never outgrow it. Also, I love classic Maleficent and Disney and TsumTsums! You can only get her now in a bundle with Cruella and Ursula. Cruella is 'Red Velvet' flavored and Ursula is 'Sour Grape' flavored. I bought her solo around Halloween, so maybe she'll be re-released this year too? Hopefully.
Lipstick(s) - Sugarpill 'Strange Love' Liquid Lipstick $18 (x)
This lipstick was part of the 2017 Spring 'Feline Fancy!' set and it's now available as a permanent fixture, well, until they make more colors and potentially phase out old ones like they're doing with this original Pretty Poison lipsticks. 'Strange Love' is described as a metallic oxblood with a bit of sparkle. The fun part of Sugarpill liquid lips is that they're Creamscicle scented! This is my favorite red lipstick in general, liquid or bullet or otherwise. It's amazing!

{Nails}

Polishes - Orly $9.50 - $11 (x)
I've been slowly converting my polishes to cruelty-free brands and my current faves are Orly. I love the brush applicator they use, it's semi-fanned out, making applying it very easy for a slop artist such as myself. I have two colors: Beautifully Bizarre (A pastel, almost white, pink with a pearlescent look to it) and Feel The Funk (A holographic glitter top coat), shown above, and two treatments: Won't Chip top coat and Bonder base coat. I definitely want to get more colors. They're great polishes.

0 Comments