Medusa's Makeup Beauty Box | December 2018 & January 2019!

I decided to divide these posts into two because having one post being from October to December got to be very long. So this blog post features MM's Unicorn-tastic December 2018 box as well as their January 2019 box!

DECEMBER 2018!

December's physical box is a more pastel Christmas vibe while its contents were  Unicorn themed! Which I love unicorns so that makes me happy! 
My first encounter with their recently released Glam Rock! Eyeshadows. These shadows are described as hi-pigment shimmer shadows and I'm inclined to agree! There are 8 different shades in the series and this one is called "Heroes".
I've yet to utilize "Heroes" in a makeup look but I fully intend to in the future! Purchase for $9 [HERE]
I haven't really gone out or needed to use a setting spray for my makeup lately so I haven't had a chance to use this spray yet but I'm really looking forward to it! What I can say is I sprayed it and it smells like a traditional setting spray so I'm wondering what sets this apart from their non-magical $10 setting spray? I thought maybe it'd have shimmer or a pretty scent or maybe a Matte or Dewy finish? Something that differentiates it from their original setting spray and from what I've read, the only difference is the label. Oh, and it has one fluid ounce more than it's former. I love the label, don't get me wrong but it seems like a cheap trick to slap the word magical on a bottle and treat it like it's different. Maybe they're phasing out of the original packaging and replacing the one fluid ounce bottle with this one? If that's the case, then that's great. I'm just rattling theories around in my head. Purchase for $11.95 [HERE]
I don't have long enough hair to use these adorable hair ties, sadly. And they don't seem to be available online. I guess it was solely a beauty box recipient exclusive.
I LOVE this brush and design! Unfortunately, it isn't on their site as of yet! I strongly hope they add it and expand upon it, creating a full brush set in this design!
I really like their new Disco Queen lip glosses! While it seems more like a traditional lip gloss in the sense of a sheer finish. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky like traditional lip glosses though! I think these would be great as lip toppers! I've done that and I think it looks really nice! As seen in this look [HERE]
This swatch is just the lip gloss on its own. The shade is called "Love Machine" Purchase for $11.95 [HERE]
I really love this lip balm so much! I really, really do! It's extremely creamy and makes my lips feel soft! I like to use Medusa's Makeup Cotton Candy lip scrub to exfoliate first and then apply this on after. Purchase for $10 [HERE]

JANUARY 2019!

January's box was the super cute purple one again, which I don't mind because I wanted to use the first one to send some stuff to a friend of mine because that purple one is very much her aesthetic but now I get to have one for myself as well!
I love a good Cherry lip balm! This came just in time because I had just cleaned out my everyday one which was my Lip Smacker Maleficent Tsum Tsum lip balm. I love this one. It's definitely my new everyday lip balm. At least until the Halloween season when Lip Smacker brings back the Maleficent one LOL! Not only does it make my lips feel nice but also, it's named after one of my favorite songs, "Cherry Bomb" by The Runaways! Purchase for $8.95 [HERE]
This is my third Metal AF lip gloss and I love it! I also love that it's called, "Bad Medicine" Bon Jovi is a great band and so is this color!
So pretty! Purchase for $11 [HERE]

"Psykhe" is the Goddess of the Soul and wife of Eros, Roman God of Love. The shade is absolutely gorgeous!
These Mystical eye dusts look like they'd be straight up glitter but they're ultra fine and smooth! I still can't get over them! Purchase for $11.95 [HERE]

My third Totally Baked eyeshadow! I can't wait to use it! "Fer Sure" is like a Copper-Red.
Purchase for $9 [HERE]
I think I would've preferred the fabric makeup bag they sell on their website. These kinds of makeup bags with the plastic enclosure don't last very long and break super easily. This bag doesn't seem to be on the website. 

Don't let the negatives I've mentioned fool you. I am still 100% in love with this brand! Purchase your own beauty box, I assure you, you'll most likely fall in love too! [HERE]

0 Comments